Distribution automation (DA) and optimization holds the promise of improved reliability, reduced outages, and more efficient and cost-effective network operations.
It can mean different things to different people. A starting point for each is communications to monitoring, protection and control equipment. While DA is one of the leading priorities for utilities, a recent Aclara customer survey found that only 5% of utilities have completed their DA deployment. Aclara’s Grid Monitoring platform, comprised of smart grid sensors and software, is an simple, powerful and cost-effective tool to use to get started or to augment ongoing DA initiatives.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to get started incrementally with DA
- How to evolve a Grid Monitoring deployment into an integrated DA system deployment
- Tools detect losses and imbalances
- How to identify feeders requiring additional power factor correction
- How to identify mis-operating cap banks and voltage regulators
- Challenges and tools to plan for and monitor DER connections
- How G&T’s and co-ops can both monitor interconnects at substations and other remote locations.
- How G&T’s can increase visibility of load, voltage, powerflow, faults and transients on their sub-transmission networks.
May 23, 2019
8:00 am - 9:00 am