Distribution Automation holds the promise of improved reliability, improved system utilization, optimized system performance and reduction of outages and losses. Realization of this goal requires a robust single-infrastructure communication solution that can both meet the high reliability needs for AMI as well as the deterministic low-latency requirements for DA applications.
While DA is one of the leading priorities for utilities, a recent Aclara customer survey found that only 5% of utilities have completed their DA deployment.
Aclara’s Utility Automation platform comprises of advanced lateral protection and power factor correction solutions that seamlessly tie into Aclara grid monitoring and communication networks (TWACS® or RF) providing the utility with a comprehensive Distribution Automation package.
In this session, you’ll learn:
- Overview of AMI & DA Communications using TWACS & Synergize RF.
- Distribution Lateral Protection and control using Reclosers and Synergize RF Communications.
- Achieving Power Factor Correction using MV capacitor banks controlled using Aclara CST over TWACS.
- Distribution Optimization using integrated Capacitor Bank Monitoring and Control via Synergize RF Network.
- Impact and performance of synchronous Zero-Close capacitor switching using TWACS and Synergize RF communication systems.