Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) hold a promising future for better managing and maintaining utility electric, water, and gas distribution networks. In a recent Aclara market survey, every utility contacted is experimenting with UAVs. Technologies such as drones not only allow for better/more relevant data to be captured more quickly but also more safely. As interest in drones continues to climb, companies are faced with the questions of “How/when/where should I deploy these tools to capture data I need?” and “How can I ensure that this data that drones capture can be easily used and turned into actionable data?”
Listen to a market overview from a drone expert and what your utility peers including Pee Dee Electric and Midwest Electric are doing today.
With this panel, you’ll learn:
- State-of-the-art drone technology and field data capture methods
- The breadth of utility applications
- Successes UAVs application
- The business justification for “piloting” drones
- How utilities plan to grow their UAV programs through actionable data