Traditional Demand Response (DR) programs have been successful for years, and with the increasing numbers of variable Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) being added to our power system, it’s time to look at new opportunities for optimization and control. Customer choice and environmental initiatives are driving high penetrations of solar, battery storage, and electric vehicles. How are stakeholders in today’s power delivery system handling these dynamic load challenges? What does it mean to traditional DR as we moved forward with both uni and bi-directional DER assets and programs?
In this session, you’ll learn about tackling the gird edge challenge:
- We will start our journey reviewing a successful traditional DR program
- Next, we look at the impact and challenges of a successful rooftop solar program.
- Finally, we expand into unlocking the DER opportunities and challenges.
- Real-time visibility
- Flexible, real-time control
- Optimizing demand charge management and savings