The nature of distribution networks is evolving, and so are the tools available to manage a modern grid. Hear from Magic Valley Electric Cooperative about their needs & objectives, and how they are tackling those challenges with new and existing tools for sensing, monitoring, and managing the grid.
This session will cover the following topics:
- How to approach developing a secure and future-proof, smart grid, distribution network
- Utilizing your SCADA/DMS with end point data for restoration efforts
- Peak shaving and Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) efforts & implementation and operation and energy reduction
- Data and point considerations in DMS integration efforts
- Aclara Grid Monitoring sensor utilization for
- CVR end of line sensing
- load sensing circuit intersections (for future FLISR)
- power quality concerns
- line upgrade verification
- Aclara Grid Monitoring assistance with
- engineering department circuit upgrade planning efforts
- power quality engineers
- operations department with extended troubleshooting.