The DCU (Data Collector Unit) has been a reliable staple of Aclara RF networks for many years. Although it is already a very dependable, flexible, and
This session explores the capabilities and advantages of the new T-board RF card available for new network deployments, as well as within a retrofit kit for older DCUs in need of an upgrade. The backhaul communication within a DCU can utilize cellular communication and we now offer 4G LTE for this layer of communication with an Aclara RF network.
In this session, you’ll learn
- advantages of a DCU T-board over previous DCU RF communications
- advantages of 4G LTE cellular communications within a DCU
- inclusions within a DCU retrofit kit
- necessary steps to retrofit an existing DCU with this new technology
- the process of setting up a new 4G LTE account, and how the AWN (Aclara Wireless Network) factors in.